Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 19: Off to a great start

Back on an even keel again.  Oatmeal for breakfast and Payton to school.  Grabbed a few groceries and put them away.  Filled out paperwork for Olivia.  She used to be ahead of most kids in her speech, but now, even though her vocabulary and grammar are still coming right along, her actual speech is not keeping up.  Dan and I have both been actively working with her on various sounds, much like we had to do with Ashlynn.  Yesterday, Livi's preschool teacher suggested that we might want to have her hearing and development screened.  She gave me the info packet and it was almost ready to go before anyone else was awake.  I had to save part for Livi to help with.  I had to write down ten sentences that she used exactly as she said them and then translate.  That was actually pretty fun. 

Today was Wednesday.  We picked up Payton early and had DQ blizzards for an after school snack.  My plan is that having 1/2 of a mini blizzard once a week should be able to help me avoid ice cream the rest of the week.  So far, it's working.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment