Monday, November 1, 2010

Day 17: It's Monday

I don't really know what happened today.  I thought I was having a good day when it started.  I took Payton to school and hit the grocery store.  I even fixed my bed hair before I headed out.  I went back home and headed to bed for another hour or so.  When Dan and I got up, we did some work around the house and we had lunch.  Then we watched a couple episodes of House on DVD. 

Once I took Dan to work, my mood just started falling.  I don't even know why.  I mean, I KNOW why, I have major depression and all that . . . but I don't understand what triggered it.  I spent the evening with the kids either crying, or trying not to cry.  By the time I went to pick up Dan, I was a complete wreck.  I stopped at McDonald's for a couple McDoubles, knowing that this was a bad idea health wise and a bad idea financially.  I just felt so hopeless that I couldn't see why it would matter. 

Then Dan and I stayed up later than we should have to watch a couple more episodes of House.   A little snuggling on the couch and watching fake people's problems helped some.  At least I didn't cry myself to sleep.

Knowing now that depression is an official disability according to the American's with Disabilities Act, I think I'll see if it is possible for me to get a medical card along with the kids.  Maybe then I could start seeing a doctor again and a therapist.  Surely there is something that can help me break this cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment