Saturday, October 30, 2010

Day 15: All Hallow's Eve Eve

Today had been spectacular!  I couldn't have asked for a better day.  I was looking online for a place to get my hair washed and trimmed when I saw the writing on the wall!  My facebook wall, that is.  :)  My friend, Heather, invited me to join her Saturday morning growth group, Let's Get Physical!  It was late notice, but A--it's been a busy week and they had to prepare for Brandon's folks to be in town for his baptism on Friday plus Halloween tomorrow and B--no one else was up and finally, C--it wasn't so late that I couldn't make it!  :)  We met at Prairie Park.  When I got to the nature center, Jackie and May were both there with their dogs.  Heather showed up a couple minutes later.  About five after, Heather thought it was odd that neither Kelly nor Tisha was there.  Heather and I headed to the elementary school and found the rest of the group.  After we went back for Jackie, May and my car, we started our hike.  Prairie Park has a great wide sidewalk path.  There are several side trails, both cement and just worn in.  I believe it was a 1.75 miles.  It took us about 45 minutes.  I was the slowest walker, but I wasn't too far behind and Heather stuck with me and we talked the entire time.  It made my day that she invited me and I had a wonderful time.  I felt energized and ready for my day with a definite workout and some great company.  And Tisha, one of the group leaders, is someone I know.  I don't know how I know her or where we have met, but she is SO familiar to me.  I just wish I could remember how I know her.

Payton and I watched NCIS: Los Angeles and then we scrounged around in the fridge and cabinets to throw together a quick lunch.  I had a bacon and egg biscuit.  It was very yummy.  It was not the healthiest meal, but it was cheaper and slightly less unhealthy than McDonald's.  I am going to try to think of some better options to have available when I go shopping next week.  Maybe it is better to spend $3.50 a loaf on the Healthy Choice 7 grain bread that I like and will eat than to spend less money on the biscuits.  And there is also the question of what to feed everyone else because they are not all going to want to eat the way I need to eat.  I just don't want to make three meals a meal.

So, after lunch, the kids opted to stay home while Dan and I ran some errands.  I got my hair trimmed at Pro-Cuts. I found a $3 coupon online.  My hair feels really nice right now.  I will see what I think of the cut tomorrow.  The second day is always when you figure out if the hair cut was really any good.  The stylist told me it would be $6.95 for just a shampoo and she suggested Z's academy.  I'll check there.  Next, we picked up Papa Murphy's pizza, grabbed a little bar of the salad at Dillon's, Mt. Dew for Dan and a pumpkin spiced latte at the Starbucks for me.  I used my $5 gift card for the coffee (which was not as good as what I had at Denny's a couple years ago) and realized I had some Dillon's gift cards too.  I spent about two bucks.  Then we went to Hometown Games so Dan could pick up some card pages.  I read a book in the car and he found some friends to chat with for a bit.  Then we headed home to attack some pumpkins!

We had a good time cleaning out pumpkin goo and carving our pumpkins.  Payton's original idea of MJ transformed from Michael Jackson to Michael Jordan.  lol  Ash carved a monster demon thing and I helped Livi with her zombie.  I did a Jack Skellington and Dan did a cool spider.  We have tons of pumpkin glop to sort through for seeds and we'll probably tackle that tomorrow afternoon.  Ash will most likely be gone by then so we'll have to save her some.  Even with an extra day, a long weekend with Ash is just never long enough.

After pumpkins, we ate our pizza in front of the TV.  The kids were excited since they don't get to do that too often.  We watched Interview with a Vampire, with several interruptions.  I think it took almost four hours.  We took a short intermission for potty breaks and snacks and then we watched Coraline.  We've had the movie ever since it was released on Bluray and this was the first time we watched it.  Tomorrow, we are recording a bunch of Halloween (1-5) and a few other scary movies.  I don't know that Livi and I are going to watch those but Dan and Payton might.  Payton and Dan both fell asleep during Coraline.  lol

It was a great day from start to finish.  I'm looking forward to having another fabulous day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment