Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Day 268: To Lose or Not to Lose?

After extensive walking for a month and trying to eat better, I lost ten pounds.  After another month of extensive walking, I leveled out. And the third month of walking gained me two pounds.  Dan, on the other hand has been walking 4.2 miles home from work 2 - 5 nights a week.  He has only been doing this for maybe three weeks and he has lost 11 pounds.  If he keeps walking, he will keep losing.  That's what he does.  Me, I'll keep walking not see any change.  I wish I could figure out what it is that I'm supposed to figure out about PCOS that's going to help me make some progress.  Even the interns at the Health Care Access Clinic tell me that eating right is important and exercise is vital.  From all they could find, I need to keep eating well and keep exercising, but that I probably won't see any results.  Not so encouraging. . .  I am, however, very happy for Dan!  Don't get me wrong, but still . . .

On a positive note, my chiropractor swears that in working with my back and adjusting me, he can tell that I am building muscle.  I sure hope he is right.  Also, he suggested a steak day.  I have to buy a lean steak, like a sirloin, nothing super yummy like ribeye.  And I get to eat a good portion in the morning and nibble on it the rest of the day.  That's it.  He says that a lean protein steak day like that should help jump start my metabolism.  I think I'll get a steak on Friday and nibble on Saturday and we'll see how things go from there.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment