Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Day 274: Dentistry

Wow, what a day!  So this morning I went to the dentist for the first time in many many years.  My teeth are in terrible shape and they hurt me.  Apparently they are also making me sick and could kill me if I don't get things taken care of.  Seriously??  Am I the only one who didn't know that bad teeth could kill you?

With so much damage and not enough money, I figured why start if I can't finish taking care of things?  Besides that, how much of wanting my teeth fixed was just vanity?  I was looking at dentistry as a great big want that was far out of my price range.  I didn't realize it was a need.

So, now I have an appointment tomorrow to remove up to nine teeth.  I'm stressing over how I'm going to pay for the work that will be done, but at least I don't have to pay for it all up front.  Edye and June reminded me this morning that there is no reason to be anxious because God's got this covered.  I made the comment that I'm not scared like a little kid is scared and June said, Oh, yes you are.  Edye and June didn't take it easy on my yesterday, but they are sure good for helping me grow up in my faith.  God has truly blessed me with some amazing friends.

Then, tonight, I went to my growth group.  There were only four of us tonight and we didn't even end up talking about the book.  We talked about Sue for a while and we talked about me for a while.  Amy asked questions to her heart's content and Kelly took it all in and supported us.  Amy shared what she has seen prayer do in her life recently and then they all prayed for me and my family.  It was such a loving and wonderful thing.

While I was worried about money and silliness like that, Kelly, Sue and Amy were more concerned with the immediate concerns that I hadn't even thought of.  Kelly is coming to get me so I won't ride the bus home and she headed to the store tonight to make sure that I'll have soft foods to eat once I'm able to eat again.  Amy is coming over after work tomorrow to keep and eye on me and help out with the kids.  Sue gave me her number for any help that I might need on Thursday and she's giving me a ride to house sit on Friday.  I didn't ask for help and it hadn't even occurred to me that I might need help, but there it was.  I feel so coddled and protected.  God really has blessed me with amazing friends.

Something that used to be scary and intimidating to me has turned into such an outpouring of loving support and guidance that I can't really do anything but appreciate the miracles that God has surrounded me with.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment