Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 137:

So I have this app . . .  lol  Really, I do. It's called Daily Bible and it gives me a verse to read every morning.  There are also passages so that I can read them and finish up the whole bible in a year and all that.  Mostly, I just have time to read the one or two verses.  Today was Galatians 6:9-10.

9 And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.  10 So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially those who are in the household of faith.

I get tired.  Some days I give up. I know that we're supposed to see rewards for our good deeds in "due season," but I can't help but wonder if that season is Heaven. I know that if I make it there, all of this struggling and frustration will become insignificant.  On a theoretical level, I completely understand that.  On a practical level, I just can't quite grasp the enormity of that.  I know it's superficial, but it seems awful hard to hold out that long.

Need more therapy . . . lol

Today, I am going to focus on Livi and what will make her day more fun.  Then maybe all the rest of this will be easier to swallow.  So much waiting.  Waiting for the body shop to call us back.  Waiting for the insurance adjuster to decide who is paying for what and if we're going to have to pay the $500 deductible to get our car fixed.  Waiting to find out if we need a cosigner to get an apartment and if I have to make a road trip to get one.

May God help us all through the day ahead.  He knows that I, for one, can't do it without him.

No comments:

Post a Comment