Monday, August 8, 2011

Day 294: Comfortable shoes

Whew!  Dan and I just started a new exercise and nutrition program today!  It's only 84 degrees out but it feels so much hotter after we just walked 1.4 miles in 30 minutes.  This may not be an accomplishment for a lot of people but it's a big deal for me!

Dan signed up for Reshape the Nation with Chris Powell and I'm working it along with him.  There is a new ten-minute starter routine every morning and then a walking plan.  We're eating five times a day with a new suggested menu every day and quite a few options.  We are also learning what menu tweaking is ok and not ok so we can mix it up enough to not get bored with it.  I'm hot, sweaty and disgusting so I'm going to hop in the shower before I fix a third meal for Livi and I.  She doesn't eat all of the same things Dan and I do, but she loves the opportunity for more snacks!

I have officially drunk 1/2 a gallon of water so far.  That's two of my bottles with two left to go.  Yesterday I hit 2.5 bottles so today, I am aiming for three.  A gallon is the ultimate daily goal though.

Dan just found out that he has lost another 7 pounds!  I wish I could lose weight half as fast as he does.  I dropped from 262 to 252 and now I'm back up to 255.  We are going to weigh in every two weeks so I am really hoping that I'll see SOMETHING.

I figure this is my best chance to make some positive changes.  Dan and I are in it together.  I have prayed for God to help me in this quest.  We have a great chiropractor who also has been helping us with various nutrition and exercise questions.  If I don't have everything I need to be successful at getting healthy . . .  well, we'll just figure I've got it and go from there!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment