Monday, August 22, 2011

Day 308: Reshape Report

Today was the third Monday of the new health program that Dan and I started.  Two weeks ago, we did sit ups, squats and push ups for two minutes each.  Today, we retested.  Our results were very promising!

There are three levels to each exercise.  For example, you can do regular push ups-advanced, push ups on your knees-intermediate, or just leave your tummy on the ground and lift your shoulders with your arms-baby ups.  I counted beginner exercises as .33 of an exercise, intermediates as .67 and advanced as 1.  Here are the results.

Dan    Push ups 15.96 to 27.04.  Sit ups 22.02 to 29.  Squats 32.04 to 45.
Eeka   Push ups  9.9 to 16.33.  Sit ups 11.6 to 29.  Squats 28.71 to 44.

HOW AWESOME IS THAT??!  I was a little worried about doing our weigh in today.  We both had obviously gotten stronger and I psyched myself up for a weight gain because muscle weighs more than fat.

Dan was a little disappointed in his weight because he was at 307.6 and was really hoping to hit 300 this week.  He dropped down to 307 even.  Half a pound was better than an increase, but he was a little bummed.  You can totally see the change in his shape though, already.  He doesn't stay bummed for long and he's already trying to figure out how to fit trips to the weight room into the schedule.

I was at 255 last week.  I was hoping to be under 250 this week, but I was really nervous because we have done so many other things to try to be healthy and none of them seem to work for me.  I just didn't want to go up too much.  I just wanted to stay under 260 before I start to lose, in theory.  My weight today was 253.4!!  :)

With Dan and I working together, we both made actual progress!  We are gonna be sexy someday!  ;)  This next two weeks will be quite a test as we are pretty much out of money for any more veggies for the rest of the month, but we'll work something out.  I still can't believe that I actually lost weight and got stronger.  And I think my clothes might actually be a tad bit looser.  :)  YAY, US!

No comments:

Post a Comment