Thursday, July 29, 2010

Day Nine

Thursday was such a really great day.  I started out by lounging in bed as my roommates who are already leaders prepared to go to the leader training today.  Tracy and I took our time getting ready and then headed out to the grocery store near the hotel.  We arrived around 10 so they had just finished serving breakfast.  We found an outdoor table and we sat for almost an hour, eating our brunch and getting to know each other.  It was the most relaxing morning I have had in a really long time.

Next, we walked back past our hotel and the conference center to the Drury Inn where they had a few business vendors.  They had everything from invitation postcards to tiny purses for games, stickers and stamps and things to help make a display sparkle.  They had necklaces that you picked out rings with sayings on them and then you put them on a leather string.  I picked three rings for each of my girls.  I picked strong, beautiful, daughter for Ash and amazing, beautiful, daughter for Livi.  They weren't very expensive but they were nice and the girls really love them.  :)

After the vendors, Tracy and I headed for the product expo.  They hadn't revealed all of the new products yet, but there are some really cute Halloween things in the little haunted walk through.  They also had tables set up with washtubs full of the nine new fragrances.  Of course, I love gingerbread, cinnamon eggnog and spiced cider!  Anything with cinnamon is good with me.  :) 


We had a late lunch and then headed to the first general session.  I didn't get in any organized exercise today, but I got a lot of walking in!  Once the general session was over, our group headed back to our rooms, made phone calls home and headed for bed. 

I wasn't able to eat the kinds of things I should be eating so far.  I'm already trying to work out ideas for trips in the future so that I'll have some better options.

Food Log

Brunch:  Bacon, egg and cheese sandwich.  Orange.

Dinner:  Chicken and Swiss sandwich, apple and macaroni salad.

Late snack:  Trail mix, triscuits with Eazy Cheese and a glass of white wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment