Saturday, July 31, 2010

Day Eleven

Today was the last day of PartyLite National Conference.  It was a busy and information packed day.   I got dressed and dragged my bags to the Drury Inn where my ride had stayed.   Even a rolling bag gets really heavy when you drag it a couple of blocks.  Whew!  I did get to spend that quick walk with my leader, Rose.  I always feel like I leave a conversation with her one step ahead of where I was.  And she bought me coffee.  :) 

 I walked down 17 flights of stairs because the elevator was backed up, dragged my luggage from one hotel to another and walked a LOT.  I realize that none of it was really consistent enough to count as actual exercise, it sure FELT like exercise!  :)
 After the consultant session in the morning, I made a few calls on my lunch break and headed back into the hall for the final general session.  There is a contest to go to the top secret facility in Illinois where they engineer the fragrances and create the candles.  And next year's getaway is to CANCUN!  All I have to do is work my business consistently and I'll be going to both!  Conference will be a whole different thing when I got to Minneapolis as a leader next year! 

Due to a wrong exit, we ended up in Illinois for a couple of minutes before we were back in Missouri.  I can now add a new state to my list I've visited!  :)  We grabbed some QuikTrip snacks on our way out of St. Louis and then spent the next four hours reviewing what we discussed in conference.  Sonya and I are both working towards leadership so we threw a lot of questions at Rose and Patti.  That trip went by really quickly until we actually got to KC.  It took about 45 minutes to drop Rose off at her house before we got back to Patti's.  Dan and the kids were already waiting in Patti's driveway.  Livi about knocked me over with her running hug!  It was good to be home. 

We ended up eating dinner at 9:45pm at the Chinese Wok.  It was yummy and a decent food choice.  I was so ready to sleep in my own bed.  *yawn*

Food Log
  
Breakfast:  caramel machiato

Lunch:  sandwich and a pear

Snack:  QT hot dog and chicken taquito

Dinner at 9:45pm  hunan shrimp and broccoli, spring roll, 2 crab rangoon, egg drop soup

No comments:

Post a Comment