Friday, July 30, 2010

Day Ten

Friday was a very intensive study day.  We had general session from nine to noon, an information packed action plan session from one to four and then a third session from six to seven thirty.  My roomies held off on supper until after my last session. By the time we all got organized and we got a cab, it was ten when we finished supper.  We ate at the Morgan Street Brewery in Laclede's Landing.  It's in this really neat old brick building.  The food was great and reasonably priced.  We had an awesome waitress named Vanessa, who by now should be living in gay Pari!  She told us she's a gypsy at heart.  :) Then we walked down to The Big Bang.  When someone suggested we go to a piano bar, my first thought was cheap hotel lounge act.  Wow, this was NOT that.  It was loud and crazy.  The music was a lot of 80's stuff but I think I knew every song they played.  It was the best musical experience I have had in a long time.  It reminded me of a time back in Hays when a guy had this birthday party out in the country and it was just a big jam session on the front porch with a bunch of friends hangin' out on the lawn.  We got home around midnight, but since we were up at six every day, I was pretty ready to crash.

Food log

Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs, bacon, 1/2 glass of orange juice and some cantaloupe.

Snack:  honey roasted cashews.  Not as good as raw cashews, but the best option available at the time.

Lunch:  Deli sliced pork sandwich.  The bun was really big so I didn't eat it all.  It came with a Golden Graham Smores snack thing, a bag of vanilla creme sandwich cookies and a bag of chips.  I didn't eat any of that stuff.  I gave it all away at some point during the day. 

Snack:  More cashews.

Dinner:  Small Greek salad, one goat cheese crouton and a Maryland blue crab cake sandwich.  I also ate one conique, which is a small blob of mashed potato that has been deep fried.  It was tasty, but fried stuff does not seem as tasty as it used to.  I think that's a good thing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment