Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day Seven

Today, I took my 4.2 mile path that is fairly level.  I REALLY wanted to sleep in but I have an early appointment to close out a show tomorrow so I had to get up. I was up until one finishing up the football cards that I make up for Payton and his dad.  They are leaving for their annual trip to Cincinnati Bengals training camp in Lexington, Kentucky.  Since I am leaving for National Conference tomorrow, I had to get the cards done today.  There are all printed and I will cut them tonight or tomorrow morning.  I will aim for tonight because I don't want anything major to remember tomorrow.

I did some stretches so I wouldn't hurt my hip again and headed out on my Trek.  I reversed direction from the way I went before so I have a short steep hill at the end instead of a long mild slope.  I stopped after about a mile for a drink of water.  Then I rode another mile and stopped for a drink.  Then I rode the rest of the way home without water.  Right now, I carry a water bottle in a back pack so I have to stop to take a drink.  I didn't stop the second half because I didn't want to lose momentum, but I was trying to make sure I'm staying hydrated in this heat.  Dan told me I need to get one of those clippy water bottles that serious cyclists use.  I think he's right, assuming I have the coordination to drink and ride.  lol

So tomorrow I am headed for National Conference, I am very excited!  I'll be staying at the Renaissance Grand Hotel in St. Louis. Checking it out online, it is definitely the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in.  They have a 24 hour fitness center and I don't have anything scheduled for Thursday morning so I can for sure work out then.  I'll also try to squeeze in a work out on Friday morning, but I'll have to check out shower schedules with my roommates.  I am really excited about this.  I feel like attending conference is going to help me move my business into career gear.  I've already got my itinerary, my name tag, my conference T-shirt and lists of things to pack.  I will start tonight and finish tomorrow morning.  I will be riding to St. Louis with a lovely lady named Patti.  She has been in this business a lot longer than I have and I plan to take advantage of the opportunity to pick her brain for ideas. :)  Then, three days of the most successful women this business has to offer, and a ride back with Patti and Rose, my leader and mentor.  How can I not grow by leaps and bounds with this kind of support?

It's crazy for me though.  Ash comes home today and I will barely see her before I leave tomorrow.  I won't be here on Thursday when Payton leaves for two weeks with his daddy.  And I'll be away from Livi for three and a half days.  I'm not worried about my kids, I know they will all be fine.  It's just a whole new level of independence for me.  I am so co-dependent.  Until I started making some changes, building my business, exercising, evolving in my thinking, and most importantly, creating a new self awareness and a new identity for myself that doesn't revolve around anyone else but me, I really had no idea that I didn't even know how to live on my own.  It's just . . . wow.

Food Log

Breakfast:  Banana.  2 eggs scrambles with onions, green peppers, broccoli and Parma! Vegan Parmesan.  Parma! doesn't really taste anything like parmesan to me, but it's a nice flavor kick and it's non dairy.

Lunch:  Philly cheese steak sandwich and coleslaw.  I know, lots of bread and cheese, and not a low fat meat choice either.  It was really yummy and I had unsweetened tea.  I'll have to figure out something better for supper.

Dinner:  grilled onions, red and green peppers, zucchini and lean hamburger.  4 corn tortilla chips with refried beans and cheese.

Snack:  Carrot cake.  Soy free, dairy free, gluten free, casein free, free of lots of other things but still very yummy!

Is there a topic that you would like more information about regarding PCOS?  Cycling?  Or starting a home business?  I don't have all the answers, YET!  But I'd love to help you find them!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment