Friday, July 23, 2010

Day Three

Well, after snoozing until 7:34am, I was still really tired. My hips are sore and stiff and I just didn't want to get out of bed. Then Dan reminded me that we have training classes that we both have to attend today. Looks like today will not be a good day for a bike ride. I'll get an early start tomorrow and ride on Saturday when no one can schedule a meeting or a training class.

I sat next to my friend, Dorothy, in training. She was amazed at how much I've been riding. She asked me what motivated me and got me started. Dorothy wanted to know if being healthy had jump started me. I told her that was part of it, but honestly, I remembered how much I loved riding bikes when I was a kid. Then I saw a cheap, good bike and that was the end of that! :)

My vitamins are the same as they were on day one, Vitamin D, B complex, multivitamin, magnesium and fish oil. I think I will add a side thingie that says what vitamins I am taking and why and then I won't have to mention them every day. Emily told me she could help me with this whole process, so I'll have to see if I'm teachable. lol

Food Log

Breakfast: Orange

Snack or late breakfast: 2 poached eggs. They were done when I ate my orange but too hot so I had to take Dan to training and then come back home to eat them. I need to boil a few eggs again so I have easy protein.

Lunch: Taco salad. This time I got guac instead of sour cream. I stole two of Payton's tater tots and ate the last 1/3 of Livi's combo burrito. I should have thrown that away. I was ok for about five minutes and then I broke down. Next time I'll get my lazy butt up and toss it so I don't eat food that is bad for me.

I have a party to run at 5:30 today so I need to remember to have a substantial snack before I go.

Snack: Cashews, sugar snap peas, strawberries and cherry tomatoes

Dinner: Jalepeno BBQ Salmon with grilled veggies and a side salad. It was yummy and mostly healthy, but I still felt like I over ate. From a health standpoint, this wasn't bad, but from a budgetary point, this was a mistake.

Just to add another major change, we are trying to restructure our finances and sixty dollars on dinner was not part of our plan. Dave Ramsey would not be proud of that dinner. We paid cash, but we should have just eaten at home. I need to go full time with my business so I can still have time to cook us healthy, cost efficient meals.

Why is it that there are millions of diet books, millions of time management books and millions of money making books out there, but I have never seen one with all three. Why are these each sold separately? My theory is that this is really all the same problem. It all boils down to the long term versus the short term. Do I want to be healthy more than I want those tortilla chips and salsa? Yes, today I did! Do I want to make calls that can earn me money more than I want to read my book? Yes, today I did! Do I want to fix dinner at home and quit my job more than I want to go out for dinner and not cook? Apparently, today that was not the case. It WAS payday and we do have the money and it's allocated for restaurants, it was just a lot bigger chunk than I anticipated. It wasn't a horrible choice, just not really a good one either.

Now that it's already 11:30pm and I am still full from supper, I will be skipping my evening snack. :)

I really did have a good day today, and I cleaned up a lot of trash and swept my kitchen. I had a fun candle party with a friend who I hadn't really had much chance to talk to in a long time. A much better end today than my post meeting doldrums yesterday! I'm looking forward to Day Four, complete with an early morning ride and a budget meeting with Dan!


No comments:

Post a Comment