Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 10: Playing Hookie

I don't know what happened this morning but it was 8:46 when I woke up and realized it was Monday.  Payton was still in bed.  He hates to be late.  When I woke him up and told him I overslept, he offered to help me catch up on laundry and clean up the living room if I just forgot to take him to school today.  Done deal.  :) 

I never plan to do much on Mondays.  Somehow, it always seems like my plans are thrown, so I just don't make many and I go with the flow as much as possible.  It was such a great morning.  When I got out of bed around 9:30, Payton and Livi were snuggled up on the couch watching cartoons.  It was a beautiful sight to start my morning.  We had Totino's frozen hamburger pizzas for lunch.  Definitely not a healthy choice, but simple and fun for a hookie day.  I cooked one at a time and we all hung around in the kitchen munching between pizzas.  :)  After the pizza was gone (and I only cooked three for the four of us, so we did eat a smidge less than usual), we watched Alvin & The Chipmunks, the Squeakwell.  That was pretty much the end of the day off as Dan had to go to work, but it was a really great morning.  I've been having a lot more awesome mornings than I used to.  I am finally starting to change my mind and make some progress.  Go me!!

The rest of the day was pretty typical.  Took Dan to work, Payton worked on his homework, we watched a Fringe episode, cleaned up the living room and caught up on laundry.  Payton didn't try to weasel out of helping either, which he has been prone to do.  I finally got the kids to bed and then headed to pick up Dan.  We watched tonight's episode of "The Event."  I love that show! 

No mind breaking discoveries today.  No major epiphanies.  Just a fabulous day enjoying the blessings that God has given me.  Back to work tomorrow!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment