Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 13: KaPERs Papers

I finally got my KPERS papers today.  I was supposed to get them 40 days ago.  If I had, I would have been able to cash it out and have some extra cash by now.  I will fill out the forms and get them in.  Maybe I will need the money more next month and just don't realize it yet.  The key to today is to remember that I need to focus on what I can control.  I can't control how long it took Molly to get me the paperwork any more than I could control whether or not I maintained my position as a couple.  I CAN control how quickly I get the paperwork done and turned in to the KPERS office.

Dan's grandma is having a birthday on Monday.  His mom and his aunt are going to spend the day with her.  She has Alzheimer's.  So does my grandma.  Daddy calls me sometimes on days when he has talked to Grandma and she doesn't know who he is.  Those calls are pretty hard on him.  I hope Dan's Grandma is able to enjoy her birthday.  I barely knew her before she started getting sick and it was hard to see the changes.  Two strong and vibrant women.  I pray that we are all blessed with many more days of their quick wit and orneriness.  Dan's mom and aunt will be in my thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment