Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day 81: No Lines

Is there a line between being needy and asking for help?

Where is the line between being strong and being pridefully stupid?

I can't seem to find my lines anymore.  I'm in the middle of a gigantic parking lot.  Shiny black asphalt as far as the eye can see.  No buildings.  No cars.  No people.  No lines.

I don't know which way to go.

Jack Canfield says to take 100% responsibility for your life.  Stephen Covey says to be proactive.  Life is about making choices and taking charge.  Don't respond to the world, let the world respond to you.  I think the world is allergic.  When I try to take initiative, take charge, follow my own heart, the world has a bad reaction to me.

I started this blog because I wanted to help people.  I thought that by sharing my struggles, it could help someone else, and by helping someone else, I could help me.  I don't think it's working.  I can't seem to be the positive force in the world that I am trying to be.

Where is the line between, "Let go and let God," and "I give up?"

No comments:

Post a Comment