Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 91: Spinnin' my wheels

We rented a car last night so that we could go get Ash.  We met Momma and Daddy for dollar menu dinner at Wendy's.  Since we had a car, I wanted to pick up a few things with the vision card at Sam's club so I invited Mom and Dad along.  We had a fun time running around Sam's.  Dan was being all silly with Livi the way he used to be with me when we first got together.  It was fun to hear.  We got to the check out and Mom and Daddy had just over $200 in stuff.  Sam's club would not accept a visa credit card.  They take my check card, but not a regular credit card.  They tried the ATM and the pin didn't work.  I know how bad I feel when I can't pay for the things I want to buy.  It doesn't matter why I can't pay, I always feel crappy.  So Momma and Daddy had to drive to Hays to go to WalMart to get the things they needed before they went home.  They were trying to stock up for our family Christmas in two weeks and I thought I was helping.  It just seemed to reiterate the pointlessness of my recent efforts at pretty much anything. 

No one from the homeless outreach team ever called me yesterday.  I woke up in tears this morning.  I am so scared. 

The rental car was due back at noon today, so I hit the grocery store for cookies for church and our WIC stuff and then I hit the Merc for the chai tea that makes me happy.  Dan and I talked about it and I called Enterprise.  We were able to get a deal that meant paying for one more day instead of two.  So, we kept the car so we could go to KC and talk to the guy at Van Chevrolet who thought he could help us get a car.  We put gas in the car and drove the hour to get there.  The guy asked if we had filled out the financial docs.  We said no, so he gave us forms.  Then he told us that all the banks were closed so he won't know if they can help us until Tuesday.  I'm a little frustrated that we spent the extra on the car.  We don't really have it and probably shouldn't have spent it but I thought it would help us if we could do something about this other car.  I wonder if literally beating my head on the wall would feel any worse right now.  In an attempt to find a good side to this, we aren't spending $18 on a taxi to get Dan to work and back tomorrow.  Maybe we can jump start the cruiser with the rental if we skip our own battery so we can diagnose the problem.  I don't have to walk to church tomorrow.  My vitamins and supplements came in today.  Hopefully my melatonin will help me sleep better and feel rested in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment