Friday, January 21, 2011

Day 97: The Storm

I'm very nervous.  I'm getting ready to fix myself some breakfast.  I'm going to work on my HPRP application so Matt can go over it with us this afternoon.  I took an extra melatonin last night and it helped me get a full five hours of sleep.  Dan said he will help me with the dishes so I can fix lunch.  Barb brought us a roast that we cooked up Wednesday and had for lunch yesterday.  Today we're going to use the leftovers to make hot beef sandwiches.  We'll have cauliflower mashed potatoes and broccoli on the side.  I also made black bean brownies yesterday.  They cooked up more like cake than brownies, but they taste all right.  I guess that will take a little more experimentation.  Maybe next time I'll cook them from scratch instead of from a box and see if that turns out more like I want them. 

I can't pick a direction with my thoughts today.  I don't want to think about court because there is nothing I can do about it and I don't want to melt down.  My brain is playing pinball to get around that huge white elephant in the proverbial living room.  My eyes feel so puffy and stingy today.  I hope I don't look strung out.  I am very tired.  My chest hurts.  Back to my happy place.  The Oriental Bistro with Dan, Livi, Payton, Barb and Alan.  Breathe in . . . breathe out . . . make some oatmeal. . . breathe in . . . do some paperwork . . . breathe out . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment