Monday, January 10, 2011

Day 86: A snow day

The bare cottonwood stands resolute as winter tucks him in with a snowy blanket.
The snow drifts aimlessly towards the ground without a cruel wind to set her path.
The flakes are getting bigger, they have forgotten how to dance
As gravity overcomes the breeze to straighten and hasten their fall.

I had a three hour schedule this morning of bus rides and errands.  Payton was ready to go and I was finishing my oatmeal when USD 497 called to say that there was no school today.  I get a reprieve.  We played some games together online and then we went back to bed.

We all got up again around ten.  Livi and Payton and I played video games and then I started making a chili that Dan finished off. 

Dan just left for the bus.  The snow is about four inches deep on our porch and sidewalk.  I'm glad that there is still no snow.  The first thing that happened once Dan left the house was that he fell down.  He's going to be on the bus for an hour, work eight hours, and he'll probably have to sleep over at work so he can get a ride home in the morning.  He's starting out on his 18 hour adventure cold and wet.  It makes me mad and it frustrates me.  I wish there was something more that I can do to help him.  He wanted to call in but there is no guarantee that anything will be different tomorrow.  I worry that when someone realizes that Dan's having to sleep over, that's all of the sudden going to be a problem too.  We felt like he might as well quit if he called in today.  I just hope we can figure something out soon.  *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment