Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 87: Another snow day

The sequel is never as exciting as the first one.  It was awesome to get to sleep in this morning though.  I woke up at seven fifteen, so that was about an hour and a half of extra time.  I was hoping to get to the Merc to get Dan's bus pass and more whey protein, but that is a two hour trip by bus.  I went downtown instead and walked to the bank, the post office and city hall.  I got my major goals accomplished but I could barely walk back to the bus stop.  I dozed off on the ride home and struggled to get back to the house.  I don't know what was wrong.  I have been real careful about eating and getting snacks so it wasn't a sugar crash.  Besides that, I wasn't shaky.  I was just totally drained.  I've walked much farther on other days and felt fine so I'm a little confused by this. 

Dan called in to work today as he wasn't feeling well and when I got home from errands, I headed to bed.  I didn't sleep, but I rested and read. It was nice and relaxing.  I'm still tired but still not sleepy.  Played some video games with the kiddos and the boys are doing dishes so we can fix supper.  I'm thinking some hot tea is in order.  I am not drinking as much water as I used to since we bought the HyVee water. It has a different taste and I don't like it as well so I don't drink it.  Looks like it's worth the extra dollar for the ozarka at Sam's, assuming I can get back there someday.

I was going to call Jenn and see if we could run some errands today, but I was crashing so hard it seemed like a bad idea.  Maybe tomorrow.  I need to get our hard copy docs from the housing authority and I want to get our battery to a place that can test it.  Maybe tomorrow will be warm enough that I can sweep the snow off the car and try to get the battery out. 

I got my mailart from Karl today.  It has a photo on the front of Agnew Hall and a cameo of Elizabeth Agnew and on the back, he has drawn the "residence hall" again.  It made me smile remembering college where I roomed with Kimmie.  The big surprise was that I didn't realize that our dorm was named after an expert in "domestic science."  We lived in the home ec dorm?  That is SO not right . . .

It was great to get something in the mail that was intended for me, personally.  It was not a bill or an ad and it was hand crafted.  Awesome.  :)

Today has been a pretty calm day, not a wildly great day but also not a bad day.  I'm still not feeling 100% but a lazy day is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment