Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 95: Calm before the storm

Friday is looming.  I wish court was first thing in the morning.  We have to wait until 3:30.  I am terrified.  I was making plans with old friends for Saturday but now I'm afraid to.  If we have to be out by Monday or Tuesday, I'll need to be at home packing.  Dan's mom says we can't take this car on road trips, so if we don't get the cruiser running by then, we'll have to spend a paycheck to get to Quinter for Christmas.  We can't afford it.  But I don't think I could deal with being here.  I am trying not to think of all the things that could go wrong because it seems like they are already happening.  I am trying not to panic but I'm so much better at panicking.  Things will be better on Friday because at least I will know what we have to worry about.  Right now I don't even have that.

Last night was awesome.  Dan's momma came up to bring us the car.  She wanted to take us out to dinner.  We picked up Dan from work early because at least his two week supervisor likes him.  We picked up the car that Barb is going to drive back home.  That took a little longer than we thought.  It was 8:15 when we got to Set 'em Up Jacks.  There was a note on the door that said they were closing at nine for a private party.  Barb wanted to try the Oriental Bistro that replaced our favorite Chinese restaurant, Jade Mongolian.  The food was yummy and the best waiter in the world, Alan, worked there.  We missed Alan.  He always had a hug for me, a hand shake for Dan and played with the kids.  He also got better tips than most servers we tip.  :)  When Jade closed, they sold the building and then it reopened as a new restaurant.  We figured all of the old staff was gone and we couldn't really afford to go and find out until last night.  As we walked from the car, Livi asked, "Mom, what is this place?"  I told her it was Oriental Bistro and she said, "I don't like that store!"  When I told her it was Chinese food, she ran screaming for the door.  lol  When we walked in and saw Alan smiling back at us, it was like coming home.  Since our trailer has never really felt like home, and probably won't even be a roof for us soon, we all really needed that.  They remodeled the inside and it's got a much more classy and classic feel.  The prices were still in the same range but the ambiance felt more expensive.  Alan told us they had made some changes, and all for the better.  :)  He was right.  While we were pondering the new menus, Alan sent us chicken lettuce cups.  They were delicious!  Next, we got Beef and Chicken Kabobs.  Also super yummy, but not as good as the lettuce cups!  Payton used to be hesitant about trying new things, but since he's into cooking now, he's much more adventurous.  There wasn't a sour note to our entire meal.  Barb ordered a tempura veggie appetizer, also great.  I ordered schezwan shrimp.  Dan and Barb split Golbi, a Korean BBQ.  Livi, of course, had noodles and shrimp (lo mein) and Payton tried Lemon Chicken.  Thanks to having three appetizers, Payton, Livi and I all have enough for supper tomorrow night when Dan's at work and Barb is back in Garden.  Before we left, Alan was there with our smiles, hand shake and hugs.  I was warm, satiated and content.  It was a nice feeling.  I think we were all feeling it and we all needed it.  It felt like home for the homeless.  Thank God for directing us to the right place.

No comments:

Post a Comment