Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 82: Lunar Landing

Today has been a better day.  Things did not exactly cooperate, of course.  But I am doing better anyway.

I took Payton to school and then went to HyVee to take advantage of some sales and get snacks for Livi's class.  I had my schedule down to getting home in time to wake Dan and Livi up to take to Deerfield with me and then lunch and get Livi to school.  A computer glitch at HyVee meant I wasn't able to buy what I needed.  I got frustrated and a cried a little.  I headed for the bus stop with the intention of heading home.  As I waited for the bus, I realized that I could get what I needed at Dillon's and get home one bus later.  That meant I needed to call Dan to wake him up in time and I would only have time to put away groceries and head back to the bus stop, but it worked.  The moral of the story is, I didn't give up and go home.  I got frustrated, but I accomplished my goals.  I realize that to many this may seem trivial, but I felt like I just landed on the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment