Friday, August 6, 2010

Day Seventeen

I was up and ready for my day this morning, even knowing it was another 16 hour shift.  It's Friday!!  :)

No ride again due to schedule.  I gave away PartyLite tealights and passed out PartyLite catalogs throughout my work day.  It's getting easier and I've made a lot of connections.  It's bound to come back to me eventually. :)  AND I got my new business cards in today!  Thank you vistaprint.com!  You have to pay for shipping, but you can get 250 cards for free and they have a lot of nice designs that you can really customize.


There were some frustrating moments at work today, but mostly it was a good day.  Just long and I am tired.  I feel like I made good food choices overall and that makes me happy.  Dan's aunt sent me some roasted veggie recipes that I will be trying over the next few days.  I'll post them after I try them out. :)

  
Food Log

Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs, sausage patty, orange

Snack:  No snack.  Breakfast was a little late, but once again, I passed up donuts and lots of candy options!

Lunch:  Chuckburger is this really great tiny little drive through in Topeka.  They have awesome burgers.  Dan has been craving them for a couple of weeks now.  He got his double and mozarella sticks.  I got a grilled chicken salad with honey mustard dressing. It was very yummy.  :)

Snack:  Livi fed me some invisible strawberry cake and strawberry cheesecake.  It was super yummy with no calories, fat or sugar!  And totally non dairy!  :)

Dinner:  I tried the new Apple Pecan Chicken Salad at Wendy's.  It has apples, candied pecans, grilled chicken, dried cranberries and blue cheese crumbles with a pomegranate vinaigrette.  It was pretty good but there was too much cheese or maybe the blue was just too strong.  I was thinking that maybe next time I would see if they could make it without cheese (which most places won't do because they only make salads once a day) but then I checked the nutritional info.  My good choice had 580 calories and 240 from fat.  :(  I could have had the double cheeseburger deluxe with a value fry for 600 calories and 270 from fat.  Next time, I guess I should just go to the grocery store and build my own.  *sigh*  I really wish so many places didn't make bad choices look like good ones.  They are so sneaky!

No comments:

Post a Comment