Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day Twenty-five 08-14-2010

It was a really long day today.  We got up early and worked on the house.  The kitchen looks great and the living room does too, except for my desk and Payton's desk.  Those are more than just one day jobs, I am thinking.  We put together the new vacuum and the steamer and they were both great.  I baked a peach blackberry TSG Summer Fruit Crisp, an apple TSG Summer Fruit Crisp and a dozen Inside Out Carrot Cupcakes.  I also made a batch of Over-the-Edge Herbed Spinach Dip with low fat sour cream, and one batch with Tofutti Sour Cream.  Dan and I both liked the non-dairy version better.  I think I'm going to try adding the TSG Outrageously Garlic seasoning and heating it up a little because garlic is my favorite part of spin dip!  :) 

I set up a beautiful display exhibiting PartyLite's new fall and holiday products.  It was lovely and my house smelled fabulous.  Dan and Livi and I enjoyed it all.  Unfortunately, with all of my spare time being consumed this past week with our work upheaval, I wasn't able to call very many of the people I wanted to call.  And then when I did call, it was at the end of the week instead of the beginning like I wanted it to be.  Very frustrating.  I was talking to another lady who works the same position that we work and she wondered who we made angry.  I feel very much that this is retaliation for making complaints about people who are higher up within the company.  Now I just have to decide how to proceed.

I have decided to try out a new church tomorrow.  I have missed it.  Funny that I don't miss the religion part of it.  I am dieing for some good choir work and the sense of community.  I am hoping that I can find some of it at Eastlake.  We'll see.  Services are at 9:30 and again at 11.  I am hoping to go for a bike ride in the morning and then go to church.  It's about 5.5 miles, so I could make it there, but I would be so yucky and stinky that I wouldn't be comfortable.  Also, it may very well be raining in the morning, so with no lights . . .  no ride.

I am feeling very frustrated right now.  On so many levels.  I feel like right now, everything in my life is going the wrong direction and it is time for a huge change.  Change is good, but change is scary.  I know that I cannot continue in the direction that I have been going.  

The good news is, Payton came home tonight. :)  It's been two weeks and I really missed him.  He called almost every day, but he's only eleven and he's still my baby boy.  But now he's home with momma and things are a bit more settled in that sense.  :)


I know that today wasn't a great food choice day.  Or a good financial choice day.  I did remember to take all of my vitamins and that is saying something lately.  I am really loving this livestrong.com site and the My Plate option.  It's great to see what I am doing without all of the troubles of maintaining my own spreadsheet.  I'm tired, it is late.  I'm going to read a bit and go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment