Monday, August 9, 2010

Day Twenty 08-09-2010

I set my alarm for 7:30 pm and I woke up around nine.  Too late for my bike ride today.  This is starting to get to me a bit.  I am tired and I need to sleep, but I've got to get rolling again.

I realized today that I haven't actually taken my vitamins for several days now.  Dan and I have been arguing more over dumb stuff and I've had more trouble motivating myself to do the things I need to.  I guess that's my subtle reminder to get my butt in gear and take my vitamins EVERY day.  Days like today remind me of how much they really are helping.

I had an interesting conversation with a friend today.  I met her through our work and she has PCOS.  She has known since she was a teenager and she had her first annual checkup.  She worries about the risk of diabetes because her mom is diabetic.  She said she struggles to get out of bed in the mornings and she wants to lose weight.  Other than that, she's not terribly concerned with the other symptoms she exhibits.  It doesn't bother her that she's not be able to get pregnant.  It was a reminder to me that even women with the same physiological symptoms aren't going to experience the same things emotionally.  It's just another crazy layer to an already complicated situation and an angle I hadn't really explored yet.

Food Log

Breakfast:  2 egg omelet with soy milk, green peppers, onions and mushrooms

Lunch:  2 chicken strips and cantaloupe

Dinner:  Wendy's small chili and a junior cheeseburger deluxe

No comments:

Post a Comment