Friday, August 13, 2010

Day Twenty-four: Friday the 13th!

Our work schedule was changed on us. Of course, we were not provided with options.  It was pretty much change it or quit . . . hmmm . . .  So, I will probably not be able to ride my bike during the week until I can buy lights.  I will have to be out at 5:30 or 6am, or wait until after 7pm.  Payton will also be starting school on Monday and I'll have to see what that will do to my schedule also.  I am not very happy about this turn of events, but for now, I will give it a week and see where I can fit in my exercise.

I WAS excited to get an email that my new program designed by Women to Women has been shipped and should arrive by Wednesday.  This contains two supplement programs.  Essential Nutrients contains a multivitamin, a calcium/magnesium and an essential fatty acid.  It's very much equivalent to the multivitamin, magnesium and fish oil that I have already been taking.  The second part is the Herbal Equalibrium.  This contains many of the various herbs that I have been reading up on.  It works in three ways to balance the estrogen, progesterone and androgens.  This should help balance out my hormones and help alleviate ALL of my symptoms.  It also saves me a ton of time on more research and trial and error, I hope. :)  Wish me luck!

And finally, I am excited about my PartyLite Open House tomorrow!  I'm going to try out several recipes from Two Sisters Gourmet and set up a display to show off the new fall and holiday products.  I have seven maybes on facebook and I'll be touching base with each of them personally.  I'll put a reminder on my page for anyone who hasn't decided yet and I'm going to call some more people in the morning.  I am taking charge!

Food Log

Breakfast:  One egg over easy with two slices of bacon on a toasted hamburger bun.  1 cup of oatmeal.

Lunch:  Arby's Medium Roast Beef Sandwich with lettuce and tomato.  Red Grapes.

Dinner:  Fresh Mozzarella & grape tomatoes with Italian seasoning and olive oil.  Oven roasted skinless chicken breast and asperagus.  I also want to point out that Dan, Livi and our guys ate at the Chuck Burger in Topeka again tonight.  I, however, waiting until I was home and cooked up something healthy with the quicky appetizer to tide me over until dinner was cooked!  :)  GO ME!

Late Snack:  Leftover Jason's Deli Broccoli Cheese soup with grilled chicken

At www.livestrong.com you can set up a free account and use the My Plate tool to calculate your food intake.  It stores your daily, weekly and monthly foods.  I entered my breakfast as one egg, two slices bacon, hamburger bun and oatmeal.  For lunch, I listed an Arby's medium roast beef sandwich.  Overall, it's very easy to use.  It also has a calculator.  It suggested that to lose 2 pounds a week at my height and weight, I need to eat 2450 calories.  I know that this is not accurate for me based on the way PCOS has convinced my body to be more efficient at storing up calories for a rainy day.  There is a custom adjustment but you have to pay for an account to do that, so I did not.  If you are not dealing with any specific metabolic challenges such as PCOS, hypothyroidism, etc, the calorie suggestions should be fine.  I really just wanted to know a little more about the things I'm eating to see if they are as good as I think they are.  :)  I'm not doing too badly.  Oh, and don't let me forget to mention that once again, Dan's aunt Cyndie has hooked me up with this information.  So many people that she's helping with just a few emails!

Here is my info for the day.  The second line contains my suggested amounts.

                            Cals         Fat      Cholesterol     Sodium      Carbs      Sugars      Fiber      Protein
Actual Intake:      1766        95g       268 mg        3985 mg      145 g        42 g          27 g       121 g
Recommended:    2450        80g       368 mg        2940 mg      368 g        49 g          31 g         61 g


As you can see, my fat intake and my sodium intake are both a bit high.  It's easy enough to see that bacon, Arby's and even Jason's Broccoli Cheese created those issues.  I need to find some quick and easy late snacks.  Another note is that my protein intake is a lot higher and my carbs are very low.  These are both good numbers to me even though their standard tracker doesn't agree.  Again, for a fee, I could have adjusted that.  I may do that in the future, but for now, free is good.  :)  I just thought it was very handy to see exactly where I'm at and this was VERY easy.  It took me about ten minutes to set up the account and enter today's food.  www.livestrong.com was certainly worth my time. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment