Monday, August 23, 2010

Day Thirty-four 08-23-2010

I'm tired.  It's been a long and pretty productive day.  I made eight PartyLite connections today.  I have one show that's working on guests and we'll set a date tomorrow.  I also have two people to call back tomorrow or Wednesday for dates.  Business is looking up.  And now that I have the time I need to support my hostesses, my shows will be more fun and more profitable!  And booking will be easier!  I have two new strategies that I want to implement.  One is Business-In-A-Box.  It's an organizational concept that should help me keep EVERYTHING more in line, not just my business.  Then there is sponsoring-in-a-box.  It's a fun, interactive way to talk about the PartyLite opportunity at shows.  I'm starting to feel the momentum building.  :)

I went to Prompt Care today to have my hip looked at. I hurt it on the 12th.  I fell at work because the night staff person sprayed Pledge on the vinyl flooring because it looked like wood.  How crazy is that?  The weird thing is, Dan knows exactly how I feel.  Back when he broke his leg in two places, it was because he walked down wooden stairs that had been Pledged to make them look shiny and nice.  It works.  But it makes things VERY slippery.  So, anyway, they did x-rays and said my hip is fine, but I have to go back on the 1st.  I'm supposed to use moist heat and anti-inflammatory medicine, like Tylenol or Advil.  What I'm wondering is if I really need to take any additional anti-inflammatory stuff if I'm already taking magnesium?  My health program includes magnesium specifically for its anti-inflammatory properties and I'm taking 584 mg or 146% of the recommended daily allowance.  And if magnesium reduces swelling, and inflammation is what is causing the pain, how much more pain would I be in without the magnesium?  I really wish I had a good doctor again.  I miss Dr. Belt, but I can't afford to go to the other doctor she recommended.  Maybe if I can find a good chiropractor in the area, that would help with a lot of it.  I'm sure my hip would be in better shape.

I started packing the kitchen and continued to work on my desk.  I picked up some Sparboe Farms (salmonilla free!) egg boxes at HyVee.  They are just the right size for packing and moving.  We have about 25 so far and we should get about that many again on Wednesday.  Tomorrow, I want to clean out the hall closets and the cabinet under the bathroom sink.  Then, it's into the scary garage.  Wish me luck!  :)

Once again, my calories are fairly low, but my cholesterol was really high and my sugars were a little high.  Oh, I found my tape measure so Dan can help me with my measurements again.  Surely this time we will see some kind of changes.  I'll keep my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment