Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day Thirty-three 08-22-2010

What did I do today?  I did not go to church.  I read some and I made some PartyLite calls.  We had a nice lunch and did some grocery shopping.  I cooked up some turkey/veggie meatballs, some turkey/veggie meatloaves and some turkey/veggie burger stuff.  I have six ziploc baggies of meat ready for use in anything I can use hamburger in.  Payton has eaten veggies two days in a row.  Thanks again, Cyndie!  I sorted through a lot of paperwork, separating stuff from my old job from my Partylite and our personal stuff. 

Today was kind of hard in a way I hadn't really expected.  I mean, I thought I would have a lot more trouble with the whole concept of not having a job.  I figured I'd be all stressed about money by now.  I can feel that building, but I'm not doing too bad yet.  What is bugging me is hearing my guys in the kitchen at meal time.  I hear them and I wonder how they are doing next door.  I think about my guys and then I realize that they aren't really MY guys anymore.  And it's easy enough to go over and say hi for now . . . but next week we'll be moving and the week after that, Dan will work in the evenings while the kids and I are at home.  Across town.  Dan's only going to see Payton on weekends he sees Ash, unless we can come over and hang out a little in the evenings, but with Payton's homework, I don't know how much we can do that.  I know I won't see Dan quite as much, but I also know that the quality of our time will be so much better.  I will miss our guys and I will miss Sharan as I won't see her as much either.  But we are going for quality time now.  Dan will be working fewer hours for more money and we can work towards better things.  There's no way to get around how much I will miss the guys.  But I have to look after my family first.

No comments:

Post a Comment