Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day Twenty-eight 08-17-2010

Today was my anniversary.  19 years ago today, I wrecked my car.  I broke six vertebrae, my right arm and my left wrist.  I dislocated my left shoulder and had a concussion.  I bruised my heart, lungs, kidneys and liver.  Probably my spleen, too.  :)  I used to have a BBQ or party every year.  Once we started with CLO, that kind of thing has ended.  We've given up so much just a little at a time.  You don't really notice the slide until you're so deep in a pit that you don't know how to get out. 

In honor of my anniversary, I'm not looking down to see the dirt under my feet.  I'm not looking around me to see the walls that confine me.  I'm looking up to see a way out.  It's a good feeling.  :)


































My overall caloric intake is all right, but obviously I'm not making the best choices to have such a high fat intake.  I will definitely have to work on that!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment