Thursday, August 5, 2010

Day Sixteen

With our day staff out today, Dan and I covered the 16 hour day together.  We did a lot of things that needed to be done and really accomplished some things.  I'm really tired now though.  :)

I was not able to ride my bike today as the 16 hours made it a little hard to fit in.  I won't be able to ride tomorrow either.  I am wondering if we had some kind of work out dvds, maybe I could get in some good exercise on non-riding days. 

I made several phone calls and PartyLite connections today.  I will focus more on giving away tealights over the next couple days and I am going to focus on booking parties.  I'm not sure how many calls I'll have a chance to make on Friday, but Saturday I know I'll have some time.  I feel like I am finally gaining a little momentum.  I've gotten in touch with some people who were really happy to know I'm in business and I'm helping a friend start her own path to financial freedom.  That's a pretty great thing! 

So, I had a good day, even without exercise.  I also made so really good food choices, I thought.  Check out my snack!

Food Log

Breakfast:  scrambled eggs with sausage, green peppers, onions and mushrooms.  An orange.

Snack:  Dan wanted donuts.  We had to swing by HyVee anyway, so I picked up donuts for Dan, Ash, Livi and our guys.  I bought a couple deviled eggs and passed on the donuts.  Now, I know this may not seem like a major accomplishment to some, but for me, passing up donuts for a non sugary snack was a really big deal.  Go me!  :)

Lunch:  Grilled chicken with steamed broccoli and coleslaw.  I had a little bit of a sweet sauce on the chicken, but not much, so I think it was still pretty good, overall. 

Dinner:  Side salad from Jason's deli.  I added a little grilled chicken to make it a meal. 

Snack:  3 squares of dark chocolate with almonds.  It's dark and there is no dairy in it.  It has almonds and it's organic.  The only negative is the sugar and there was not a lot of that.  A little splurge now will keep me from eating an entire bar some other time.  I know me well enough to realize that.  I am hoping to find some better alternatives that are also yummy so that I can get away from the chocolate too.  There is a great deal of research and exploration in revamping your nutrition.  I'm making definite progress! 

What is your big temptation that makes eating healthy hard for you?  Do you have any great tricks that make it easier to avoid?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

Oh!  I almost forgot!  I had an article I wrote published at Self Growth.com.  Check it out and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment